Communication and Adoption, Theories and Practice (2)
- Peer Group Discussion (Reading Discussion, see your questions)
- Food break
- Peer Group (Proposal)
- Process for Week 4 (Group 1 is the first group to lead discussion)
- Process for next stage of proposal
- Tips for writing a book review
Recap from Week 2 –
Slides at Slideshare
- The Cluetrain Manifesto
Bonnie, Corey, Kirk
- The Death of Distance
Adriana, Amy, ChrisC, Sarah, Sharlen
- Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace
Adam, Brian, Mark, Yen-Ching
- Peer-to-Peer: Harnessing the Power of Disruptive Technologies
This week’s multimedia:
Number 1 (in class)
Background on the video. Relevant on many levels — catch the technology reference? We’ll talk more about McLuhan later in the quarter.
Number 2 (on your own!)
Century 21 Calling (also mpg4)
This week’s peer group discussion of readings:
- How is Christensen’s model of adoption affected by decisions at the business enterprise level — iow, customers (employees) are required to use technologies purchased by the business? Think about appliances in rental units or spec homes. :)
- Why haven’t all authoritarian regimes rigorously controlled how their property is delivered on YouTube?
- How has your mobile phone affected (+/-) your personal and professional relationships? Why do you own a mobile phone? How old is it?
- What values or biases impede our ability to fail to see opportunities in emerging technologies?
- How does the current software development cycle (add more features with each iteration) fit into Christensen’s theories?
Process for Week 4
(Group 1 is the first group to lead discussion)
- Group 1 has an extra reading. Plus, each member finds a scholarly article that fits the topic.
- Prepare abstract & citation
- Prepare PPT (or some structured presentation) that links readings/theme for the week
- Class will be divided into small groups
- Round-robin discussion – approximately 15-20 minutes (present & discuss)
- All info posted to blog
Process for next step of proposal.
Draft goes on your blog as a page post
Draft due 19 October @ 7 pm
Creating Pages In WordPress: A Step-by-Step
Suggested Process for Working on Proposals to Prepare for the Draft
- Login and check your feedback from your peer group
- Review the criteria for proposals (assignment, supplemental)
- Change your questions from closed-end to open-ended
- Rewrite your initial statement based on the feedback you’ve gotten